Contacting Montana State Legislators
Many people wonder how they might get engaged in contacting legislators… and what the best way to do that is. Legislative services — the legislature’s administrative cadre — provides two excellent avenues to contact legislators: email and call the legislative switchboard.
- To email a legislator, follow this link to their email directory — This online directory permits anyone to email any legislator or an entire legislative committee, and the legislator or committee members receive a hard copy of the message.
- Call the legislative switchboard and leave a message that will be delivered to the legislator. Some folks want to contact all 150 legislators at once! While this is possible, experience shows that it is better to concentrate on one or two legislators and invite your colleagues, friends, and neighbors to concentrate on one or two other legislators. Then make your message short, personal, and friendly. You can leave messages for up to five legislators and one committee at a time right at this number – (406) 444–4800
For additional tips and strategies in contacting legislators during the interim and during the session, please visit Montana State Legislature Contact Tips Page
NASP’s Advocacy Action Center
Follow this link to the NASP Advocacy Action Center where you can find the following resources:
- Support Safe School Environments for all Students
- Promote Evidence-Based Assessment and Accountability Systems
- Promote Balanced Approaches to School Safety
- Support Availability of Comprehensive School Psychological Services in ESEA
- Preserve Education Funding
- Find your elected officials
- Subscribe to the NASP Mailing List