Class 5 Provisional Educators License
The Montana Class 5 Licensure is a 3-year, non-renewable, provisional teaching licenses for educators, counselors, and school psychologists who are starting their respective career fields or whose current out-of-state license does not transfer to the state of Montana.
Qualifications for a Montana Class 5 Provisional Teaching License
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, AND
- A plan of study from an accredited professional educator preparation program verifying that the applicant:
- Can meet the requirements for full licensure within the three (3) year validity period of the license, AND
- Meets the professional educator preparation program admission requirements.
- Applicants that have completed an educator preparation program outside of Montana must provide proof of:
- A Montana residential address or a job offer from an accredited or state-funded Pk-12 Montana school, AND
- Successful completion (meets or exceeds minimum passing score) of the Montana required Praxis applicable to requested endorsement.
- Completion and verification of the free, online course An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana.
For information regarding the requirements and application process for a Class 5 Provisional License, please visit: Montana OPI Educator Licenses